When teaching clients how to update their website, I frequently hear the question “Is there a manual for WordPress?”
1. WordPress Core Manual
It’s geared toward beginners, and is a useful reference, when you want to understand the various settings and options that come with WordPress.
Manuals are great, but they can be a bit overwhelming. So I put together a video tutorial, and a written Quick Start Guide help help people get started…
2. Get Started Video
3. Written Quick Start Guide
1. Go to your website and type /login at the end of your domain.
2. Type in your Username and Password, and click Login
3. Click Pages (on the left)
4. Click on the page you wish to edit (for example, the “About” page)
5. For simple pages (like this About page) you can make text edits just like you would in any text editor. Then click Update (on the right) to save your changes.
That’s it. Those are the super simple basics of editing a website.
4. WooCommerce Guide
If you have an E-Commerce website, you’ll need to know how to use WooCommerce.
4A. Official Instructions
You can read their official instructions at docs.woocommerce.com.
4B. Video Tutorial (How To Add Products)
If you’d like to read a written version of this tutorial read our “How to Add Product Options in WooCommerce” guide.
5. Elementor Guides
Elementor is a drag-n-drop page editor, that makes it easy to create complex layout on your WordPress website.
You can read the official instructions for Elementor at docs.elementor.com.
6. Basic Blogging
You can build entire websites in WordPress, but you can also use it for basic blogging.